Sunday, March 18, 2007

Neat-o gang!

Trent: Do you ever feel like you’re wasting your life, Daria?
Daria: Only when I’m not sleeping.


Sleep is essential to everybody. Some people need less than others. It turns out I'm one of the people who need more. More, more, more! I sleep through movies, I sleep during lectures, I sleep in the car (not when i am driving of course..), I sleep on the bus, and sometimes, at work, I wonder if I could make a comfy cardboard-box bed on top of the refrigerator.
I think my body is trying to tell me something.

When I'm not sleeping I like to rush to Griffith Library, grab my Oxford dictionary (found at PE 1625), quickly find a study desk and joyfully begin deciphering the COMMUNICATION AND NEW MEDIA text book by Martin Hirst and John Harrison (bless them) so that I can come back to my computer and post my notes for all to share...

Not!

My previous posts have attempted to address the tutorial guidelines in my own sort-of way (trying to be interesting, that is) but I have come to the conclusion that I am doing it wrong, as most of the other blogs I have read are utterly boring. So, seeing as I would love to get all my 30 points for this particular assignment, I am going to try my best to talk about the lectures and follow the tutorial tasks as closely as possible. But I won’t, repeat: will not, post my text book notes for other people to copy and paste!!! (Haha, have you ever watched that Seinfeld episode where Elaine puts all the exclamation marks on her story.....no? Well it's hilarious...)
Not trying to be a party-pooper or anything, it’s just that, like I explained, it takes me a LONG time to take and understand those notes. So I hope it's okay if i just choose certain things that interest me and discuss them. Well, NEAT-O gang!

NewCom&Tech is such a bombardment of information that it is hard to remember everything that goes on and everything we need to know. The one thing I was instantly intrigued by was the title "Digital Future: How the mobile phone has replaced the television" in the text book on page 4 (and I'm not that slow of a reader - I'm actually up to page 7). Could someone please explain to me HOW exactly the mobile phone has replaced the Television? Seems like a very sweeping statement to me. Correct me if I'm wrong but it is my understanding that if the television had been replaced, then no one would own them anymore and we would all be watching our favourite Kath and Kim episodes on our mobiles. This is clearly not the case. But like I said, correct me if I'm wrong.

Now I really have gabbed on, and I'm afraid I have more gabbing... but to spice it up a little I will create a new post. Then there will be two posts, and bringing yourself to read it will hopefully be far easier than if it were one giant post.

No comments: