Sunday, May 27, 2007

Are we there yet?

My new communication journey has nearly come to an end...and in about 2 weeks this blog will become dormant, accumulate e-dust and vanish into a sea of unused html addresses. I will be all the sadder for it. I have enjoyed writing the blogs every week, doing the tutorial tasks and so on, and it was made so much easier by the organised manner in which this subject was conducted. I wish all my subjects could have been the same.

One task left, the exam. Never been to good at those but I'll have a crack, I have no choice. I even started studying, and there is still four nights to go - that's a record for me! Proof of my efforts, I came across this quote on page 58 og the text book 'Communication and New Media' which made me chuckle...

"Technology...the knack of so arranging the world that we neeed not experience it"
- Max Frisch

Genius, isn't it? Not that I'm not gratful for technology, but as humans I believe we would rather push a button than get our hands dirty, or watch it on TV rather than experience it ourselves. Not always a bad thing, but just a thought.

Well, I am sitting in my last tute for NCT. And according to the rules here is where I write my tribute and praise to my magnificant, wonderful tutor... but that would be sucking up, hehe. Guess I'll simply say, thanks, Jules!

Okay, only one hour left until I'm back on the bus - better utilise it while I still can. Wish me luck on the multiple choice!

Kevin: "Pssst. Daria, what did you get for #1?"
Daria: "The one about who I really am? Try crossdresser."

1 comment:

Katelyn said...

lovely last blog hunny!
love all the daria quotes!